BizBritain provide support and resources for entrepreneurs in the UK who don’t have a degree. They passionately believe that people’s prospects shouldn’t be limited by academic credentials. They are working hard to oust the misconception that having formal qualifications automatically leads to success in life. Their goal is to raise awareness of what can be achieved with little or no formal education. They hope to help reduce UK unemployment levels by creating opportunities for people who have the drive and the potential to achieve success in life.
BizBritain is also an official Delivery Partner of the government’s Start Up Loans Scheme, delivering loans and mentoring to entrepreneurs. We work to support entrepreneurs looking to start a business, by helping applicants to build a business plan, and then by providing funding in the form of a Start Up Loan.
How can they help me?
Take a look at their website for information on applying for start up loans. They can also arrange an introduction for Training Grants of up to £2,500.
In addition, they have some inspiring success stories of businesses they’ve worked with.
How do I apply for a loan?
You can apply today if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have been trading less than 1 year.
- You are over the age of 18 years old.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Are able to provide proof of your identity.
- Have not already received a Start Up Loan.
- Intended for the business to be your primary income in year 1.
- Are not be an undischarged bankrupt, or be undergoing an IVA.